Fine Jewelry Designer Janet Deleuse began working in the family jewelry business following her marriage to gemologist Jeff Deleuse. She put a degree in molecular biology aside to embrace her true passion for art and design, which she had cultivated since childhood. Janet Deleuse is an accepted member into the Contemporary Jewelry Design Group of the U.S.A.
B.S. Molecular Biology / Stanford Continuing Studies, Art History & Literature
- Saul Bell International Jewelry Award Judge, 2015
- Past Board Marin Advocates for Children, 2014
- Contributing Writer and Featured Designer in Jane Merrill’s book”I Love Those Earrings” 2014
- Contributor to “Cartier & America” Exhibit at the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 2010-2011
- Janet Deleuse Couture Featured in Britex Newsletter, San Francisco, 2012
- “Fashion & Impressionism” research paper written in Spring 2011; for exhibit
- Cartier Achievement Award presented June 2009
- Women’s Jewelry Association Award January 2009
- Contributing Writer for LUXX International Jewelry Magazine, 2009-2010
By 1982, her love of the hand processes in creating artwork had blossomed into designing magnificent, one-of-a-kind statement jewelry—earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings—that have been featured in WWD, Town & Country, The Robb Report and Lustre Magazines, among others.
The designer’s exclusive hand fabricated pieces are widely recognized for classic lines and fine quality gems, including pearls and flawless WS, VS and EF diamonds set in 18k gold or platinum, as well a penchant for monochromatic styling—”I like clean lines, says Deleuse, even if the design is intricate.”
In addition, the designer has recently expanded into couture outerwear and accessories with a collection of pearl evening bags, pearl belts, silk scarves, ponchos, shawls and capelets, all handcrafted in the San Francisco Bay area and offered under the Janet Deleuse label.
Family owned and operated Deleuse Jewelers was established in 1934 by John Deleuse, a master watchmaker and graduate of the Ecole Nationale d’Horologie de Cluses. In 1945, he opened the first family-owned and operated boutique in his hometown of Nice, France.
Janet and Jeff Deleuse opened Deluese Jewelers in Fairfax, California in 1982, and continue the brand’s mission to offer the most uniquely elegant jewelry, using the worlds finest gems and employing the highest quality craftsmanship.
Janet Deleuse is an accepted member of the Contemporary Jewelry Design Group, a national organization dedicated to the promotion of creative jewelry design and committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethics in business and design.
Janet Deleuse, B.S., Molecular Biology
Activities and Societies: Contemporary Jewelry Design Group, Stanford Continuing Studies, Past Board Marin Advocates for Children
Shop Janet Deleuse Jewelry & Couture Accessories online www.deleuse.com worldwide shipping